This is the last week, so I might do some other blog. About something else.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

4 conversation

This week I decided to mix it up a little bit. Instead of talking to a kid after school I decided to tallk to someone at lunch. After I finished my lunch I went to the library to play a game of checkers with my friend. Then this kid walked up and said hi. I hadn't done my conversation yet so I thought I could do it with him. I said hi back to get the conversation going. I asked if he knew how to play checkers he said "no not at all." I moved my piece then looke up at him and said,"dude, you are on my side right? He has three kings and I have five there is no way he is going to win!"
"Uh, sure," he said uncertainly. From then on out we just talked about the game and what we were going to do in science. I feel satisfied. I talked to somebody, and they were interested. I think I just made a new friend.

6 comments:

  1. Jackson- I knew about your class project but didn't know about your blog until I read the article in the Oregonian. I think what you are doing is very hard for most people. I love that you chose to do this, even though it wasn't easy. I hope you keep it up! I bet you are making a lot of people feel really good, including you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson - good for you! When I read the article in the Oregonian I totally sympathized with you stepping out of your comfort zone to start a converation with someone. No matter what age, this can be a challenge. What I like about you is that you are "thinking on your feet". If one comment doesn't work, what about asking something this guy can relate to(one of your earlier blogs on the bus). Learning to do this is a gift like no other and will serve you well now and in the future. Good work Jackson, and I'll look forward to your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a good wa to make new friends, really creative to come up with "7 conversations"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! (maybe i should start conversations with new people)...not on my blog though, im not gonna copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never be able to start a conversation with someone I don't know. You are doing a great thing, making new friends can be fun, especially when you become even better friends with them.
    ~Madison Karr

    ReplyDelete